StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
13,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode up to Wilberforce today to see my mom. The weather had forecast some snow flurries so no buggy. From Bobcaygeon on there were scattered showers. 507 had brief periods of ice pellets. Snow on and off mixed with short sunny positions at my mom's. on the way back heavier snow and snow trying to build up on the roads. A few litte drift here and there and near white-outs on hwy 12 around Beaverton. After a while I gave up on trying to keepmthenright side of my faceshield clear as the snow was building up there so heavily (wind from west I was heading south.). Not sure what the wind speed was and of course the bike handled it well but I did think for a bike that a heavy side gust combined with ice and snow might not be so good.

..Tom

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Well, I heard that global warming and melting of the polar ice caps preludes an ice age... and we are over due for another one... Something is definitely wrong with the weather this year....

·
Registered
10 Posts
May weather ??

As a fair-weather biker, I doubt I would have set out with that forecast in hand. However, Tom, I salute you. I'm sure the scariest thing you had to face wasn't the weather. It would be the look on your Mom's face as you set out on the return trip.
Harry

·
Registered
859 Posts
Don't feel bad. I rode to work this weekend with snow squalls. During the day on Saturday we even had white out conditions. The weather feels very odd this year. Sunday the ice finally went out on our lake. Had docks in the water first week in April last year. Quite the contrast. Fishing opener in Minnesota was this past weekend. Many lakes were completely iced in.
"There is a fell voice on the air" Legolas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts