StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son now has my DL1000 and is really enjoying it. When I parted with it I had resolved to quit riding after almost 50 years on two wheels.

The bug is biting again and I am looking at a couple of Wee's, one a new Adventure and the other a very nicely farkled, low mileage 2011.

The 2013 Adventure comes with very nice Suzuki bags and little else while the 2011, about 4,000 less has a centerstand, SW Motech skid plate, fork brace, mirror offsets, Madstad windscreen mount and aftermarket screen, hand guards and a few other items that I can't recall off hand.

Does anyone know of any issues with the 2011?

·
Registered
329 Posts
No issues that I've heard of. Looks like you are getting some nice farkles, too. Unless you have a desire for the new stlye, I'd have a go at the 2011.

·
Registered
818 Posts
we have an '11 abs. great bike, no probs.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
For 4K less get the 2011. The new model is better, but not that much!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Me I would go for the 2011 over the 13'.But it really only matters which one you want.Are they both at a dealer or is the used private seller? used you save more with taxes.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks gents. I bought the 2011 and it is better than I expected. I'll take deliver next Tuesday and will post some pics.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase! I love my '11. Runs and feels just as nice as the Beemers that preceded it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Congratulations on the purchase! I love my '11. Runs and feels just as nice as the Beemers that preceded it. :thumbup:
I got sold my pristine and well farkled 1150GS and bought the 2005 DL1000. My son is a member of this forum and we are already planning some rides together.

Things to buy for my "new" Wee: Rox risers, Blaire's SS braided brake and clutch lines, SW Motech highway pegs if I can figure a good place to mount them. My Vee had Pat Walsh crash bars (I just hate that term) and skid plate that were joined by double down tubes. Thus there was an excellent place to mount highway pegs. I believe the bars on the Vee are Givis.

Oh and probably a Corbin or Sargent seat if I can find one used. I had just purchased a like new Corbin at an excellent price for the Vee from a member of this forum so hopefully that will happen again. I am tired of buying new seats and paying the ridiculous price for them. Used works for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts