Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
May 19th 2012

open house: Whitehorse Gear, Conway, NH

always great food, great riding in White Mountains

open house: Twisted Throttle, Exeter, RI

more events, slow race, etc, but food was :thumbdown:last time I went, also more congestion riding to get there
Why would anyone turn down crowds, congestion, drunk riders, and crappy food?

·
Registered
22,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
other than the food at Whitehorse, and looking at other attendees bikes (500±) & farkles and browsing the warehouse

the riding in the area is nothing new, its my local area

Twisted Throttle will have more demos, slow races, door prize? more adventure specific stuff, I would probably gain more knowledge, but last time I went, they had cardboard hamburgers instead of steak tips & ribs

ya, I'm leaning toward Whitehorse, the food is a big draw, I can sleep in later and still be one of the early arrivers

but I'm bound to see waay more cool farkle stuff for the V-strom at Twisted Throttle

Twisted is really promoting it bigtime this year, their 10th anivercery

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
898 Posts
>>Twisted is really promoting it bigtime this year, their 10th anniversary<<

Thanks for the heads up on both of these. Even though I've purchased from Twisted Throttle I didn't get any announcement in the mail or on-line about their open house. I wouldn't ride all the way down there on my bike, anyway. It was bad enough in my cage. But Whitehorse REALLY appeals to me and I've never been to that shop, either. And, from what you've reported, sounds like there's a better chance with the grub up north.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I was in the neighborhood of the new Twisted shop yesterday, but it's my busy season (I repair church organs) and I decided not to stop.

I'll prolly go to Twisted for the open house and yell at Eric if the food is crappy. I recall last time that Randy had a lousy rear tire, so the indigestion must have been amplified every time the wheel went around!

All that said, I prolly won't decide until that Saturday.

·
Registered
22,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
>>Twisted is really promoting it bigtime this year, their 10th anniversary<<
. Even though I've purchased from Twisted Throttle I didn't get any announcement in the mail or on-line about their open house.
I already knew about the Whitehorse openhouse, I've been 4 out of the 6 previous. got a facebook invite for the Twisted Throttle openhouse from Ken Condon, it appears Facebook is how they are promoting it

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
471 Posts
"Whitehorse Rules" !!! That's where I'll be........TD :thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts