StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just thought I would share the Maxton suspension on my DL1050. Forks have new Maxton SD20 cartridge conversion, which gives separate compression damping to left leg, and rebound to right. Original rebound adjusters replaced with blanking plugs. At rear there is a new Maxton NR4 shock with rebound and preload adjustment, together with spring removed compression adjustment. The original suspension was not bad at all and better than a fair amount of bikes I have experienced of late. I just wanted a bit better and I have done a similar Maxton thing with my last bike. Maxton are a UK suspension manufacturer, with a vast experience in road racing on the Isle of Man and Northern Ireland, together with short circuit racing and road bikes. We went through a bit of development work with the forks and ended up with a good result. Pleased to help with anything else on the subject

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bicycle part Wheel

Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive mirror

Product Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Product Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, just thought I would share the Maxton suspension on my DL1050. Forks have new Maxton SD20 cartridge conversion, which gives separate compression damping to left leg, and rebound to right. Original rebound adjusters replaced with blanking plugs. At rear there is a new Maxton NR4 shock with rebound and preload adjustment, together with spring removed compression adjustment. The original suspension was not bad at all and better than a fair amount of bikes I have experienced of late. I just wanted a bit better and I have done a similar Maxton thing with my last bike. Maxton are a UK suspension manufacturer, with a vast experience in road racing on the Isle of Man and Northern Ireland, together with short circuit racing and road bikes. We went through a bit of development work with the forks and ended up with a good result. Pleased to help with anything else on the subject

View attachment 305216

View attachment 305223

View attachment 305222

View attachment 305221

View attachment 305220
Is there a big difference in ride quality on rough roads with the new Maxton set up?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For me, I am always looking for improved ride quality and I have certainly achieved this with Maxton front and rear. I am never chasing better handling as most modern bikes handle well enough for me, but usually the ride quality has room for improvement. I must like a compliant ride as that is the main problem with Maxton. They usually set up firmer than I want, but we made a change to the fork cartridges and I backed off the rear settings. I would say they have a good set up now for me on the bike. I have a run from Taunton to Lynmouth in North Devon, over Exmoor. I sort of use this ride as a target benchmark for suspension. With a lot of standard suspension you are out the saddle a bit, or naturally ease off. With a good set up you are in the saddle more and the wheels stay on the ground and you find yourself getting there a bit quicker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts