StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone up for a day ride to SC to get some Maurices in the coming weeks? Don't be a wuss...............it ain't cold yet!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Depends on the day and as to whether I have my sons or not. But, yep, I'd be up for that.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Believe i'd like to make that one myself...havn't had any maurice's in years, man just thinkin' bout that mustard bbq....yeah i'd go.

Between an anniversary, a coastal fishing trip with my brother and Thanksgiving... i'll only have this coming sunday to ride between now and end of the month. Anytime after that i'm good. If i can't catch this run i'll sure be there the next one. Great idea either way..Let me know when...J.R.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am thinking maybe Monday which is a holiday for me..........Veteran's Day if anyone can go. If not we can plan another day. Depends on the weather as well. I hate rain!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Monday...maybe...i'll check with the office tomorrow and if i can get free, i'll let ya'll know thursday or friday. J.R.

·
Registered
90 Posts
used to live there

Well I am super jealous now. I used to live in Greenville until recently and don't forget to get a beer at the Flying Saucer! Love the wait staff outfits...if you have not been..they are definitely worth the view!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked at the weather channel long term forecast which we all know changes day to day. But Monday looks like maybe mainly sunny with a high of low 60's which would make for a cool ride but not a bad ride by any means.

Two options come to mind.........

Maurices or Stickey Fingers.

Maurices is in Columbia and SF in Greenville. A 1 hr. ride compared to a almost 2 hr. ride down from Asheville area.

You guys who would probably go make the choice. I am game for either.

Maurices claim to fame.............one helluva great big ole BBQ samich and hushpuppies!

Stickey Fingers claim to fame............best damn Memphis dry rub ribs to be had in my opinion!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Possibly... I'd have to do it on the "down low" since I don't have the day off. Would need to be at the office until 10-10:30, then out on "calls." Perhaps I could "call" on Maurices or SF after that.:D Would also need to see if the ex could pick the boys up from school that day. Prob won't be a problem tho.

What time were you thinking about leaving Ashevegas?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking of maybe a late lunch by that leaving Ashveegas around 11:30 am to give the air some time to warm up. That would make us about 12:30 or 1 pm to SF or 1:30 or 2 pm Maurices. Take an hour or so to eat and head back before it gets too damn cold with the evening or night air.

Let me know for I am game.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I'm in...let me know where i could meet up with ya'll(on 26 somewhere) and i'm there...J.R.
Naw .. let me change my position on that, if were still gonna ride monday, give me an easy landmark in asheville i can access off 40 or 26 either one. I think i'll make a day of it and ride up into asheville in the morning, meet with ya'll and ride onto wherever from there. After lunch i'll head back up into the mountains to some killer back roads in brevard. Twistie heaven:) J.R.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay..............if anyone wants to meet in Asheville meet time will be 11:15 am with a 11:30 am departure. The meet location will be the Asheville Airport exit off I-26.

Once you get to the exit depending on which way you are coming up is as follows:

If you are heading I-26 West to the meet location get off the airport exit and go right. Go to your second stoplight to the big shopping center on the left which there is a Target/Lowes/PetSmart/etc. Make the turn into the shopping center and we will meet in the parking lot of the PetSmart.

If you are coming I-26 East get off on the airport exit and go left and proceed to the above directions.

If there are any questions my cell number is 828-273-6340. I will get there just after 11 a.m.

The ride will take us down I-26 to either SF or Maurices in SC. For those that just want to meet up at either of the places yet to be picked we are looking at a approximate 12:30 pm arrival to Stickey Fingers and a 1:30 pm arrival at Maurices if we go there.

Decide where you folks want to go.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice to see we are back up and running. Okay voice preference on Maurices or Stickey Fingers!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hmmm... tough choice. I'm leaning toward SF. Maybe we could take some of the scenic routes like thru E Flat Rock, Saluda Grade on the old road into Tryon before hitting the interstate? Just a thought. Maybe you know of better/other route options.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Well...this bothers me more than you probably but i'm out for monday. Had a sick employee out 2 days and monday became the overflow day. The joys of small business ownership:(
That and the fieldsheer insulated pants i ordered came in with a midgets inseam:(

I look forward to meeting and riding with all ya'll in the future...J.R.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry that you can't make it Jonny. There is next time.

Ashveegas I was thinking of a route option but I promise it will not be long like the last one we attempted!:mrgreen:

Taking highway 25 off I-26 is a great scenic route. Let me Mapquest something out.

For all those interested let's do Stickey Fingers..........Maurices I know was the original plan but maybe another day.

I will get everyone the directions or address to SF by tomorrow and post here.

All those wanting to meet from the begining you have those directions in a earlier post above.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No worries! I thought the last trip was great, I especially enjoyed 19W which I had never been on.

I figured if we did the SF thing, it might allow for some scenery on the route down. I'll trust you and the GPS to find a good route down.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts