StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have previously provided photos of my bike with the large Touratech zega pro cases. Well, I got around to taking them apart and painting them to match the bike. Enjoy the photos!!! Hopefully I will get some better pictures this weekend as I am heading out to WV. Also, they aren't done yet; The lip around the cases where the lid and case meet will be black soon, I just didn't have time to get that done for this weekend.

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
I have previously provided photos of my bike with the large Touratech zega pro cases. Well, I got around to taking them apart and painting them to match the bike. Enjoy the photos!!! Hopefully I will get some better pictures this weekend as I am heading out to WV. Also, they aren't done yet; The lip around the cases where the lid and case meet will be black soon, I just didn't have time to get that done for this weekend.

Looks great!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where did you souce the paint?

Looks GREAT!. Where did you get the paint, and how wide is the bike now with those bags?

Keith

·
Registered
70 Posts
You picking up Cinderella in WV?

Nice job customizing your bike the way you want it.

Sent from my C771 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
824 Posts
I think it looks great!
I may not be a fan of the steamer trunk luggage but it does look good.
Now, someboby do this with smaller (Givi) cases. I have soft bags which don't take painting too well.
As an uncle of mine used to say "you done good!"

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks GREAT!. Where did you get the paint, and how wide is the bike now with those bags?
First off, I have yet to measure how wide it is, but I have meant to. Oop North John has the standard Zegas and these are the Zega Pros, so I will try to measure them for you this week.

I work at a Autobody and Service Shop, so my painter mixed up the paint. Any bodyshop should be able to do that.

Also, no better photos from this weekend. I was in a hurry to get out there Saturday and it was raining during my return on Sunday.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Using figures from here:

Panniers - Luggage - Vehicle equipment | Touratech Ltd

My 35 & 41 litre set up is 526mm wide (panniers only) and the 38 & 45 zega pro's are 526mm wide (again panniers only) so I'd guess the pro's are 1.4" wider when on the bike for an extra 7 litres of volume. Both the pro's are 18mm wider than mine, so less than an inch either side gets you the extra 7 litres.

Above measurements are calculated from their figures, my 43 inches was an actual measurement.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
always wondered what a color matched bike would look like! looks great but man are those HUGE
They are big, but I have taken a few weekend trips where they have been completely full and I have had a small dry bag on the back seat. I do a lot of stuff that requires a significant amount of gear. Surprisingly, they do not make the bike feel off balance or sluggish at all, except when in excess of 80 mph, then the acceleration seems to be affected.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts