StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I have a set sitting on my workbench, just waiting for me to get my ass in gear and install them....not like I'm going to be riding anytime soon though.

Why do you ask?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got my DL1000, spent last year on a Honda VLX and have been reading all this stuff about them and just trying to decide if I will order some? I am new to the world of motorcycles so I don't know if I would do the work myself or have someone do the work for me, not sure what that would cost.Did you have any issues getting them sent to Canada?

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I just got my DL1000, spent last year on a Honda VLX and have been reading all this stuff about them and just trying to decide if I will order some? I am new to the world of motorcycles so I don't know if I would do the work myself or have someone do the work for me, not sure what that would cost.Did you have any issues getting them sent to Canada?
They worked out to $55.00 USD, to your door via post. Took about 2 weeks for mine. If memory serves me correct I had to pony up $5.00 or so to the postman for GST. That's it. Install is a POC. If you can take the wheel on and off you can put them in. There's lots of guys on the board who've done it and can provide you with tips and photos.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Ya, what WeThereYet said. Easy to get, and I didn't even have the extra $5.00 on mine. Fill out your profile so we know where you are, maybe someone is close enough to offer a hand with the installation.

Oh, by the way, nice step up from the VLX. I'm sure it was a good starter bike for you. I had a 750 Spirit as my first.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. Ya the VLX was great but the Vstrom really is something I have a very good feeling about it

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
what are these MasterMike spacers of which you speak?

cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts