StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the Madstad bracket installed in the highest mounting position with the stock shield? This appears to be the best setting for me, however it looks as if the shield is flexing a lot during a ride and I am concerned this could cause the shield or the plastic at the base of the bracket to crack.

I think to be safe I will lower the bracket to the middle setting and order myself a Givi screen.

Just curious if anyone else has their Madstat installed at the highest setting and if it caused any problems - even the manual that came with the bracket does not recommend this position.

Cheers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the Madstad mounted in the highest position on my '07 DL1000, with the windshield in the highest position about 75% of the time, and have had no issues.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've had my Givi tall screen mounted at the highest Madstad position since day one (a year ago). There is some flex, esp at higher speeds, but overall it seems to work well.

The only problem I've had is that the Madstad allowed the shield to creep backward at higher speeds, no matter how tight the thumbscrews. I finally used four small bolts to firmly lock the shield in a position that I'm happy with.

In this regard I found the Madstad poorly designed.

Peter

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I have mine all the way up, and forward. With the vent in there, I think it probably releases a lot of tension. But still... I am not worried about it...

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
The only problem I've had is that the Madstad allowed the shield to creep backward at higher speeds, no matter how tight the thumbscrews.
That's odd. Even with a barn-door-sized V-Stream shield at the highest position I have not experienced that.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Bracket slipping

That's odd. Even with a barn-door-sized V-Stream shield at the highest position I have not experienced that.
I experience the same condition mentioned ie. windscreen slipping backward. Finally installed those saw tooth edged lock washers that you frequently see on electrical connections. The windshield is the large Givi and it no longer moves.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I experience the same condition mentioned ie. windscreen slipping backward. Finally installed those saw tooth edged lock washers that you frequently see on electrical connections. The windshield is the large Givi and it no longer moves.
Thanks for the tip, I too have had that problem. :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts