StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
StromTroopers, Looking for feed back on what you think a heavily farkled 2015, 650 V Strom in excellent condition is worth. Mileage around 35,000.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Selling. Currently listed on CL, Post#6945173860

Do you think the price is fair? Thanks again for you input...

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Looks like a great deal to me. I have a 2012 and paid a little over 5K. It only had 6400 miles and absolutely pristine condition. This is a well equipped bike and you’ve obviously taken excellent care of it. At that price it shouldn’t last long on the market. GLWS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Most buyers are not educated and anything over 10,000 miles on a motorcycle is perceived as high mileage. Seeing 35,000 miles will turn 90+% of potential buyers away unless it is priced dirt cheap.

As a whole the bike is a decent value at $4,500 but unfortunately no one is going to pay that when a new unfarkled DL650 can be had for around $6,000. What hurts is its easier for folks to get a loan on a new new motorcycle and incorporate several thousand dollars in farkles to the loan amount than it is to get a few thousand dollars on a used bike. So they just buy new and get in way over their head but that's a different kettle of fish.

Your best bet to getting close to 4.5K for the bike is strip all the farkles and price the bike at $3,000 to $3,500. After the bike has sold then sell off the farkles individually. Its a long process but if you try to sell the bike with the farkles be to settle for a lot less than 4.5K.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've been helping my friend shop for bikes like yours. Compared to what we've been seeing, yours is right in the ballpark but a bit high considering miles. I know it's not such a big deal, but it does affect value for some, myself and him included. Considering my friend would probably want most every piece you've added, it balances out somewhat. There may well be a buyer who is looking for just what you have, as is my friend, and for him, I think you've got a good starting price. Knock off a few hundred for a centerstand if it doesn't have one. Just my opinion, and I'm certainly no expert. I'll send him the info.

Brand new leftover '17 models here (central Ohio) are still most of $8000 out the door, with no accessories. DD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts