StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone aware of published maps of dirt and gravel back roads that could be considered for V-Strom riding in Pennsylvania? I've seen the TAT maps (TransAmTrail.com is the exclusive source for Maps Roll-Charts, and GPS Tracks for navigating the Trans-America Trail - an exciting, off-road, dual-sport motorcycle adventure across the United States) and wonder about such riding opportunities in Pennsylvania. I'd love to do the TAT some day, but need knowledge of local opportunities to practice on. (I did off road and open field riding decades ago -- many decades ago. Then didn't ride for about 20 years. Now been riding pavement only the last 12 or so years, and just got the V-Strom earlier this year so the opportunity for off-pavement dirt and gravel is a new interest to me).

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
A state gazeteer will show you linkage and through roads

IF you zoom in on Garmin basecamp you will see the hash marks of dirt vs solid lines of paved

So far basecamp PITA to route but then swap to tyre and down load routes with LOTS of waypoints as algorithm will route you around them

·
Registered
23 Posts
i cant find the map anymore, but everywhere around Centralia is full of dirt.. Although there may be smoke coming out from the ground..:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts