StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:thumbup: Hi Everyone, I posted up a while ago that I would be doing up a Map for the DL650 Akrapovic pipe to include for my fellow Stromtroopers ordering the Akrapovic Exhaust through me and for my fellow Stromtroopers ordering a PC III USB for 2004 - 2008 or PC V for the 2009 - 2012 DL650.

The map is done and ready, I had my bike on the Factory Pro Dyno with the Akrapovic Pipe on it and with the map it ran smooth and strong,

I am completely satisfied with it and am ready to share it with my fellow Stromtroopers. This map will make the bolt on process of the Akrapovic Pipe upgrade smooth and easy,

The DL650 Akrapovic Slip On Exhausts are in stock at $699.99

Your Choice of Carbon or Titanium with Carbon Tip,

Regular Price on the Akrapovic is $869.95 plus Taxes plus Shipping, This is a Stromtrooper Savings of $179.96 on the Akrapovic Exhaust,

The Power Commanders to take advantage of the performance benefits including more power, smoother running engine, and uniform linear delivery of power through all the RPM Ranges are also in stock and ready to ship,

Email me Directly at [email protected] and I will get you looked after right away,

No PM Please, Email is fast and makes it much easier for me to help you out,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
p for DL650 Akrapovic Exhaust for Stromtroopers from SV Racing Parts

:thumbup: Hi Everyone, I posted up a while ago that I would be doing up a Map for the DL650 Akrapovic pipe to include for my fellow Stromtroopers ordering the Akrapovic Exhaust through me and for my fellow Stromtroopers ordering a PC III USB for 2004 - 2008 or PC V for the 2009 - 2012 DL650.

The map is done and ready, I had my bike on the Factory Pro Dyno with the Akrapovic Pipe on it and with the map it ran smooth and strong,

I am completely satisfied with it and am ready to share it with my fellow Stromtroopers. This map will make the bolt on process of the Akrapovic Pipe upgrade smooth and easy,

Regular Price on the Akrapovic is $869.95 plus Taxes plus Shipping, This is a Stromtrooper Savings of $179.96 on the Akrapovic Exhaust,

The Power Commanders to take advantage of the performance benefits including more power, smoother running engine, and uniform linear delivery of power through all the RPM Ranges are also in stock and ready to ship,

Email me Directly at [email protected] and I will get you looked after right away,

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Blair

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Do you have the dyno results yet for the 2012? Just the Akra and PC mods, not the cam swap mod.

Thanks for all the great info!! :hurray:

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:) Hi Everyone The 2012 will be very similar to the previous years, both with and without the Akrapovic Pipe, The Cam Swap will always give you a bump up,

Remember, once the Power Commander is on the bike, and it is mapped the bike gets smoother throughout the RPM range. The Pipes and BMC Air Filters I have for them make the bike breathe better so that it can make better HP and Torque; The Power Commander sets the fuel air ratio correctly over the full range of RPM and Throttle positions,

Put it all together and you have a smooth running bike that is easier and more fun to ride,

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi Good brother, Sorry, I never worry about that kind of stuff when I am building a map. I can see where it needs help on the screen when I begin and I work at the mapping until I am happy with the curve on the screen for the HP and the Torque being as smooth as possible, and the feel of the bike on the dyno.

What I can tell you for sure is that anyone that I have sent a map to for the exhaust or Power Commander they have received from me has been happy with the improvement in their bikes smoothness and performance,

**Edit note, I just located this chart from Akrapovice on the bolt on improvement of the Pipe on our stock bikes,

I can tell you that with the Power Commander and my map for it to get you going it will get you pleasant bump up from this as well,

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Blair

·
Registered
45 Posts
I purchased the Akrapovic exhaust and Power Commander from Blair and am very satisfied. I installed the pipe and downloaded his map yesterday, then rode over 350 miles on it today. Also a K&N filter was installed at the same time.

I netted a gain in mpg. I was expecting it to drop a little, figuring the map to be richer in many cells with the increase in airflow, plus, much of my riding was done at higher rpm than I have been riding. About 100 miles of the riding today was on the freeway. 50 in the morning running 70-75 actual, and 80 to 85 mph actual for 50 miles this afternoon. Also I am using a 16 tooth countershaft sprocket. Prior to today, mpg was typically about 46.5. Today I averaged about 51.

As far as any power gains, it is hard to quantify. I had not ridden the bike in a week, so seat of the pants is unreliable. I would say it feels at least as peppy as it did with the 15 tooth sprocket if that helps. Also, on the few occasions where I let the rpm drop below 3000, the engine would pull cleanly out of it without needing a downshift or bogging.

I had planned to do a stock dyno run on the bike, but the dyno was unavailable until today, and I wanted to get out and ride. I will probably do a few pulls in a couple weeks just to verify AF ratios as each bike is a little different, but I think Blair has it nailed with this map. If you are considering these parts, definitely contact him.

Tom

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

Blair

1 - 20 of 33 Posts