StromTrooper banner

Man, that's loud!

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  fredellarby 
#1 ·
I had on a Framm Highway (low) horn becuase it was cheap. Too quiet.
So I added a Stebel yesterday. Like the title says, :cool:

Perfect.

#2 ·
Yup

Sounds great huh?
I got mine the day after some lady cut me off at an intersection. The stock Beep Beep horn wasnt noticed by anyone. Kind of embarassing when you really want to blast someone and all you get is a little toot.
Where did you find to mount it? I have mine on the crash bars with electric ties. Looks awful and breaks loose when I dump it but I didn't have much luck taking the faring loose.

#3 ·
Stebel Horn

Installed mine a couple days ago here Auto part Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Car
- AWESOME SAFETY ADDITION IMO.

Had to put it in action the same day when a cager was about to do a left turn right in front of me :devil_53: = gave him a good BLAST :weapons_73: (stopped in his tracks & hopefully soiled himself).

Paid for itself the very 1st time I used it :D!

Party on Garth,

DL650ABS

#6 ·
To quiet because you didn't mount it as the high/low set. Had them on my last bike, they scream. Think old Buick.

On a side note, weren't some Stebel users reporting some intermittent problems of no sound when the button is pushed? I thought I read something about that on this site last summer/fall... Anyone recall?

#7 ·
Stebel/Wolo under front panel

Hi all,
I mounted my Stebel/Wolo under the front right panel. I used a hose clamp and a zip tie. I plan to add a second Stebel/Wolo when I do a bunch of routine maintence.I have a Stebel on my GS. As fas as I'm concerned one Stebel will stop the apologetic but 2 Stebels will slow down a Stupid inconsiderate moron. My goal is when a moron on the phone comes in my lane with the window down, they are so frightened that they drop their phone and someone runs over it. The Stebel/Wolo has made a difference but the mutant phone users/lane shares have grown immune to gentle suggestions from a single Stebel. Harbor freight had Wolo's on sale for $35.00 last week. Plus the 15% discount coupon that's $30.00 for pure primal pleasure.
http://www.mklsportster.com/r1150rthorn.htm
Check Moshe's article about the true power of the Stebel.
If you don't understand diodes(I don't)Buy a relay with the diode built in.Absolutely read all his article. Do not skip ahead. My stupidity cost me some money.
The Stebel is not a substitution for riding skills but it's a great substitution for road rage.

Go make some noise,
Les

#9 ·
I left the Framm in the left fairing (why waste decibels) and put the Stebel somewhat tucked in behind the rad on the left.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.