StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make the Vee more like a Goldwing, which coffee maker to install? are there good mobile models that also do espresso?

Also any recommendation on speakers to hook up to the stereo?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm a minimalist too!..................Mike P.S. What bike to bike, bike to passenger, bike to home, bike to internet, bike to satellite connections equipment do you recommend? Oh and I welded a steel snow shovel to the bottom of my engine so I can ride it over boulders.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Put luggage racks and soft luggage on, you'll carry as much stuff easily , and be more comfortable, and have more fun on your VStrom

·
Registered
568 Posts
Make sure to use Monster Cable. It DOES get a bit pricey on longer runs, but the sound quality is improved dramatically.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Make sure to use Monster Cable. It DOES get a bit pricey on longer runs, but the sound quality is improved dramatically.
Make sure it's the 100% oxygen free all silver wire though.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Install two of those as side cases. They could probably carry all kinds of sh*t.
"GREAT idea!":thumbup: but might add one for a top case to carry even more sh*t..............:yikes:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there a way I can hook up air conditioning

·
Administrator
14,155 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Here are some GW air scoops. You can cut them into the fairing and it will make it ride soooo smoooth!

·
Administrator
14,155 Posts
I want to make the Vee more like a Goldwing, which coffee maker to install? are there good mobile models that also do espresso?

Also any recommendation on speakers to hook up to the stereo?
A google Search shows a number of 12v Coffee makers on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&key...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_5v5yve3cav_b

I'm sure these can be aedapted and made waterproof just as easily as adapting a cell phone for use as a GPS.

I don't know why people bother with Espresso unless it is mixed with foamy milk but if inclined that way there seem to be portable solutions:

Espresso Express: In-Car Coffee Maker is a Jolt on Wheels | Gadgets, Science & Technology

..Tom

·
Registered
824 Posts
before you go adding stuff, be sure you and your passenger have matching jackets and helmets color keyed to the bike
if not, no accessories will work

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dad got me an espresso machine that also does cappuccino, have a 12V inverter so good to go, it fits nicely in one of my Givi cases.

·
Administrator
14,155 Posts
My (admittedly limited) experience with inverters is that they quickly drain car batteries if left on when the vehicle is sitting. I'd make sure it was on swithched power and only ran when the bike is running.

..Tom

·
Registered
453 Posts
Dad got me an espresso machine that also does cappuccino, have a 12V inverter so good to go, it fits nicely in one of my Givi cases.
Full sine inverter, bank of 4 to 6 (6volt) batteries and cover all the open areas of the V-Strom with the new soft stick-on solar cells. Should run the cappuccino/espresso machine all day, even cloudy day without the bike running:yesnod:.................

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
The other day I told my wife that I wouldn't mind having another Gold Wing, simply because I like the bikes. Then I took the Wee out for a ride and completely forgot about the Gold Wing idea. The fancy coffee maker is at home, and if I want a foo foo coffee, I stop at an espresso stand.

What the Gold Wing has that the VStrom doesn't, is a lot more weight, higher gas consumption, and higher insurance rates. I consider my Wee to be as competent a tourer as the Wing. At least for 1-up riding.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I plan on adding a Goldwing to the stable within 2 years or so. Not that there's anything wrong with my other bikes, I've just wanted a GW for some time.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts