StromTrooper banner

Makes Me Happy

939 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Mortaine 
#1 ·
Last night I threw on a new z6 front tire, and some new brake pads. This tire changing thing is a whole lot easier with practice. Managed to change the front tire from start to finish in 45 minutes including adding dyna beads and using the HF tire changer (just broke the bead) and some tire irons.

While I was in there I figured I should change the brake pads (old ones have 1/3 left in the grooves), and clean up everything real good, and then get it nice and greased up after this winters salt. All in all a pretty simple operation, and now the front end is feeling great. 2 front tires, and 1 set of brake pads in 30,000 miles. This is definitely a economically friendly bike.

#2 ·
Nice Job!

Yea the more you practice changing tires the easier it gets. I use a NoMar changer and it takes me longer to remove the wheels and put them on the bike than it does to change the tire. I can get a tire off and on in about 10 mins now. Dynabeads are awesome!

Let me know how you like that Z6 I am running Pilot roads right now, but have always heard good things about the Z6

#3 ·
A How To Write Up?

I would be interested in learning what your techniques are, what tools you are using, etc. If one of you has the time, would you do a write up with maybe some pics for the "How To" section? Are you balancing your setup after mounting the tires?

Thanks!

B.

#5 ·
I would be interested in learning what your techniques are, what tools you are using, etc. If one of you has the time, would you do a write up with maybe some pics for the "How To" section? Are you balancing your setup after mounting the tires?

Thanks!

B.

The Dynabeads are used to dynamically balance the tires. A whole lot easier than trying to figure out the weights and such. I'm too lazy to look for the website but you can probably search on here for dynabeads and come up with a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.