StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I passed the MSF 6/28. Today was my maiden voyage. A whole 30 minutes! It's not much, but after the crap kawasaki 125 that had been wrecked twice (gas tank dings and rust), my V not Wee was a scary joy! I wore full gear despite the 99 heat index and never exceeding 25 mph in my apartment complex lol. II did 20-30 turns left and right with signals, some upshifts and downshifts, and full stops for some stop signs. I even met oncoming traffic and survived. Love my 2018 V-Strom. Practice, practice, practice.

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
Hola, and welcome. Congrats on the practice, practice, practice. Good choice. A lot of apt complexes can be killing fields. You'll get used to the ATGATT. I wear mine all the time and have done so in Texas and the Midwest too. You can use Cool Vests and other hydrating gear to make the heat not so bad.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Welcome!! I love my '18 V. She's a bit of a beast and loads of fun. Take your time until you feel as one dancing with the big girl. The bike will grow with you nicely.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Something I admit I don't do enough is practice. Missing track day this season and feeling it. Congrats on the 2018 V! I haven't put a lot of miles on mine and always go a couple of easy laps in the local neighborhood before I head out. Before I realize, the bike feels like a pair of old slippers. Vstroms are that easy to ride and get comfortable on!

·
Registered
149 Posts
And a good choice on the gear too. Once you get out of your apartment complex and start moving at speed, the airflow through a good mesh jacket will keep you relatively cool (of course, up here I rarely have to deal with temperatures above 100 Fahrenheit, Texas heat could be a different matter). Stay hydrated, keep practicing, and enjoy the ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts