StromTrooper banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me of magnetic a tank bag that will actually the 2012 wee? I havent really found any thats work. Thanks Ben

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
255 Posts
The narrow tank makes it really difficult to find a good one.

Givi tank bags use a TankLock system that allows them to be fixed onto the tank without magnets. :Tank bags

Failing that, you could get a magnetic tank bag like I did that comes with bungee straps for added security. I attach the straps to the tank bag tabs on the side and then to the accessory bars. Keeps the bag fixed solid.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Ben,

If you find yourself near Hendersonville or Brevard and haven't test fit the Rapid Transit Recon 19 give me a holler. I've got one you can check out, I think they still make them.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I gave up on magnetic a couple of years ago on my 07. Using the Bags Connection City bag -- uses a tank ring like the Givi. Same bag going on the 2012.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I still use my Joe Rocket Manta XL that I used on my 2009 Wee. Works great.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Plus 1 on the GIVi tank bag. Magnetic tank bags usually end up scratching the paint at some point. GIVI's design is quick on quick off when fueling up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Question.... when using the Givi tank lock bags. I cant find a listing for the DL 650 for the adapter kit. What are you guys using for that kit?

Also I assume once the adapter is instaleld that you could just buy a couple different bags for different needs and just attach them as neeed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tank ring

Just received my T491 bag yesterday based on recomendations posted here. I ordered the BF01 suzuki ring which I found listed somewhere.

However I'm still waiting for the ring to ship. Suppose to go out in the next week.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I second and third the "dont use mag bag". all you need is a metalic object to stick to it and bam your scratched to hell. BAD BAD idea.

save your self the tears and just get a givi or tank lock style bag. worth the $$

:yikes:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I second and third the "dont use mag bag". all you need is a metalic object to stick to it and bam your scratched to hell. BAD BAD idea.

save your self the tears and just get a givi or tank lock style bag. worth the $$

:yikes:
Tears? Really? When did this become a Custom Cruiser forum?

If you are concerned about a middle-school-girl type meltdown over a minor cosmetic aberration, you can always wait until after the first drop to get the mag bag. Then you'll have expended the majority of that pent-up emotional energy on that civilization-ending disaster and won't feel the urge to curl up in a fetal position with a bottle of Jack Daniels to wash down the Xanax when you eventually scratch the tank with some errant ferrous metal shavings.

That being said, I did make the inaugural scratch, measuring some 10+ inches on my tank with a 1-1/4" drywall screw stuck to one of the magnets. It didn't bother me, my lady-friends never noticed it because I could cover it with my........ahem..........well, they call it The Shadowcaster.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Nroman, that's a funny post!

I have a Manta bag--the little one. If I ever need to use a larger bag I strap on a conventional flat-bottom tank bag--an old one I've had for years. It works like a charm with the humped Strom tank because I made a foam rubber 'shim' out of a piece of upholstery foam--the bag sits level and rides secure, and I put a load of crap in that bag. You have to readjust everything every time you gas up, but it is a small price to pay (free) for having extra carrying capacity.

I could post a photo if anyone is interested in seeing it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 09 Wee and not only use a magnetic Manta bag, I used a power connector to make it a wired bag that can run my phone, etc. had it since 09 without any issues.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
25 Posts
I want to get a GIVI 491 tank bag for my 2012 DL650A but I have a question. The bag looks rather tall in the pictures. Does the bag interfere with the rider's view of the instrument cluster? I am 5' 10". Thanks

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Nroman, that's a funny post!
I could post a photo if anyone is interested in seeing it.
What about your ladyfriends? I really miss them.

I'm disappointed that you've yielded to pressures from those who try to squeeze the concept of conventional beauty into a tighter, smaller box. This, on a forum of enthusiasts for a motorcycle of dubious aesthetics.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I want to get a GIVI 491 tank bag for my 2012 DL650A but I have a question. The bag looks rather tall in the pictures. Does the bag interfere with the rider's view of the instrument cluster? I am 5' 10". Thanks
No. I have the GIVI tank bag I love it. Well designed and engineered.:thumbup:

Magnetic tank bags -scratchville.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I've got the standard Manata. It does the job, it was cheap, it keeps my phone and camera from bouncing around.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Norm,I can always count on your sense of humour to brighten up my day!:green_lol::cheers2:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Givi Magnetic Bag

I've been using this one for a few years now:

GIVI T440N - Soft Luggages

And yes, I didn't check the bottom once and put a couple small scratches in the paint. But nobody ever sees them because...they're under the tank bag!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts