StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming from a HD i'm used to having tons of mags to pick from at the magazine rack.


Any mags you guys recommend for adventure touring?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
852 Posts
You might try "Roadrunner" magazine. Quite different and geared towards touring.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
104 Posts
I just picked up a mag at my local dealer called motorcycle escapes or something like that. It is a great mag, published quarterly. I also read Road Runner and Motorcycle Consumer News.

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
duSTy said:
I just picked up a mag at my local dealer called motorcycle escapes or something like that. It is a great mag, published quarterly. I also read Road Runner and Motorcycle Consumer News.

Tom
It's Motorcycle Escape.

Tom hit all 3 mags worth buying. Escape is a bit different from your typical mag - it's ALL about the destination and ride. They list the tools of choice. It can be anything from a H-D to Victory to BMW GS to KLR to GS450 to Goldwing, etc, etc. They give what thus far seems to be good real world evalutations of the gear (jackets, pants, boots, helmets) they USED on the trip. This month they covered all price ranges from the $110/day KLR rental in Alaska to the southwest Va fly fishing/bike tour (bring your own bike) to a 15 day Southern Africa trip (if you have to ask ...) to different little out of the way places to see.

What you won't see - 1/4 mile times, top end, HP, torque, lap times, etc. Motorcycle Consumer News is the place for straight tech information.

Can you tell I like this mag?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
[
It's Motorcycle Escape.


Can you tell I like this mag?[/quote]


+++++

Jamie Elvidge is the editor

great mag, comes out every two months or so. Subsriptions Not available, only at newstands.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
haksaw said:
Coming from a HD i'm used to having tons of mags to pick from at the magazine rack.


Any mags you guys recommend for adventure touring?
Check out Adventure Rider.com all about dual sport riding, with 45,000 members there is always a new ride report to keep you occupied. the beasts section has V-Strom threads
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Paladin said:
great mag, comes out every two months or so. Subsriptions Not available, only at newstands.
BZZZZ! Charter subscriptions are NOW available (this months editions says so!!) at a 50% savings over cover price (IIRC, it's 6 for $15). :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
805gregg said:
haksaw said:
Coming from a HD i'm used to having tons of mags to pick from at the magazine rack.


Any mags you guys recommend for adventure touring?
Check out Adventure Rider.com all about dual sport riding, with 45,000 members there is always a new ride report to keep you occupied. the beasts section has V-Strom threads
I assume you mean http://www.advrider.com/.
Very nice resource.

As for the bike magazines, my favourite is - hmmm - Bike.
Pertty good UK magazine, bit expensive, but worth every penny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
grimel said:
Paladin said:
great mag, comes out every two months or so. Subsriptions Not available, only at newstands.
BZZZZ! Charter subscriptions are NOW available (this months editions says so!!) at a 50% savings over cover price (IIRC, it's 6 for $15). :D :D

Thanks for the heads up.

greg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Not a problem. The good mags are so hard. I was soooo happy to see the announcement this month.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top