StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone comment on how well the Madstadt bracket works with an MRA Vario Touring screen? I think I have the 16" version (came with the bike). It's on the highest mounting point with the wing-thing at its highest setting.

When I put the gel seat on my Wee Strom the added height put me just high enough to go from some annoying wind noise to more noise and light buffeting. I'm tall (6' 3"), but find that if I scrunch up a bit (not comfy) I can get out of most of the wind/buffeting, so maybe a new bracket will do the trick... NOTE: I want to look OVER the screen, not through it.

Thoughts? BTW, the bike didn't come with the stock windscreen. The prev. owner experiemented with it and painted it black and cut it way down. May be fine for a streetfighter kinda look in the summer, but certainly not for cooler temps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got my MRA just before the snow and ice came, so I only got to make a couple of short rides with it. Obviously works better than the original screen for me. Didn't try with the original bracket, though. Still have to wait until summer to see how it works at autobahn speeds.

The Madstad seems to be an improvement with any screen. I've got a big screen (custom made, very similar to Ceebaileys) for verrry cold and long rides. I thought it was pretty good before I tried it with the Madstad. Now it's close to perfect, if you don't mind the looks. Which I don't; if I did, would I ride a Strom? :twisted:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'm going to take a chance and order the bracket. I just need a little help to reduce wind noise and light buffeting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts