StromTrooper banner

Madstad Security

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  vboost 
#1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone else worry about someone stealing their Madstad windshield? It's literally just 4 T-screws so what would prevent someone from walking away with it? What are some ways to secure it against theft?

Thanks

#2 ·
I sport what I consider a fairly expensive aftermarket windshield (Givi Airflow) that would be just as easy to remove and just spent two weeks on the road with my Strom sitting overnight in motel parking lots. Nobody stole my windshield or my motorcycle. I would put this squarely in the category of "Not Worth Worrying About."

Seems like a low-value target to me. First of all, whoever might steal it would need to know how much it's worth and they would have to sell it to somebody that wanted it. Highly unlikely somebody riding the same motorcycle (or one the shield is compatible with) would steal it to install it on their own ride.

Nobody's gonna steal it.

#5 ·
#7 ·
I don't know how universal the Mastad windscreen is, but foot pegs and mirrors are even easier to remove, and they are often generic enough to be shared across multiple bike manufacturers. As an example, I have Aprilia mirrors and Goldwing foot pegs on my V2. They are also likely to get damaged in the event of a spill, so I would put them in the desirable category. However, I would be more concerned with someone knocking the bike over than stealing bits from it.

#12 ·
I guess I wasn't considering that people left bikes sitting outside at night :grin2:

#10 ·
Many years ago someone stole the clutch lever by unscrewing the bolt on my Triumph. This was in a parking garage at a university. Obviously the guy was parts shopping. No way to prevent that short of staying up all night long w/ a large dog at your feet. But, since you are worrying about the theft of parts, could you please include my bike in your worry list? That way I can rest assured that the bike is worried over and I need not even give it a second thought. (Where did the smile emoticon go?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.