StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone else worry about someone stealing their Madstad windshield? It's literally just 4 T-screws so what would prevent someone from walking away with it? What are some ways to secure it against theft?

Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
I sport what I consider a fairly expensive aftermarket windshield (Givi Airflow) that would be just as easy to remove and just spent two weeks on the road with my Strom sitting overnight in motel parking lots. Nobody stole my windshield or my motorcycle. I would put this squarely in the category of "Not Worth Worrying About."

Seems like a low-value target to me. First of all, whoever might steal it would need to know how much it's worth and they would have to sell it to somebody that wanted it. Highly unlikely somebody riding the same motorcycle (or one the shield is compatible with) would steal it to install it on their own ride.

Nobody's gonna steal it.

·
Registered
22,275 Posts
yer more apt to have a crack addict steal your spark plugs to fabricate a crack pipe

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
If you don't like the T-screw idea, why not replace the T-screw with a conventional nut. Just remember replace one T-screw at a time, so that you don't change your setting. Keep the T-screws for if you want to do any adjustment testing at a later date.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Ditto....more worried about them coming loose from vibration.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't know how universal the Mastad windscreen is, but foot pegs and mirrors are even easier to remove, and they are often generic enough to be shared across multiple bike manufacturers. As an example, I have Aprilia mirrors and Goldwing foot pegs on my V2. They are also likely to get damaged in the event of a spill, so I would put them in the desirable category. However, I would be more concerned with someone knocking the bike over than stealing bits from it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, my neighbor told me that someone was snooping around my bike at 2:30am and they ran off when my neighbor went out for a smoke.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Many years ago someone stole the clutch lever by unscrewing the bolt on my Triumph. This was in a parking garage at a university. Obviously the guy was parts shopping. No way to prevent that short of staying up all night long w/ a large dog at your feet. But, since you are worrying about the theft of parts, could you please include my bike in your worry list? That way I can rest assured that the bike is worried over and I need not even give it a second thought. (Where did the smile emoticon go?)

·
Registered
11,531 Posts
Be glad a VStrom isn't a supersport. They just steal the whole bike.

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Registered
432 Posts
Best and cheapest way to stop vandals and theft is a bike cover. For some reason they move on to the exposed bike down the street to window shop.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hello,

Does anyone else worry about someone stealing their Madstad windshield? It's literally just 4 T-screws so what would prevent someone from walking away with it? What are some ways to secure it against theft?

Thanks
A theif would bnever be able to differentiate an aftermarket from stock windscreen and if they could, i can literally money back guarantee NOBODY would ever steal your windscreen...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts