StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I'm sure it has, but I have searched and could not find an answer to my question, which is:

Is there anything special i need to do/buy to mount both the madstad and Rick's GPS mount?

Both are on their way (along with some other goodies), and I will be in a bit of a rush to install things before I head out on a trip, and would like to know ahead of time if I need to buy any spacers, or longer bolts, etc to have both installed.

Thanks in advance for your input,

Dave

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I remeber someone saying that there wasn't a problem with that combo, but I don't have any direct information.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw that post and everything looks great, but it looke like there was some between the madstad and the gps bracket. Is that just part of the stock windshield assembly pieces?

There was also a very recent post ( can't figure out how to post link) here where someone was asking if they should get a new bigger windshield or the madstad, and someone was saying he didn't want a madstad because he would have to drill holes in it to use the Rick gps mount. I have never heard this before, and it may very well not be.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Ignore me. I see the spacers in the kit. It's been a long week.

I did get out for a quick ride after work, and just hit 1600 kms. I had the service done at 1000k, but if one follows the recommended break in schedule, this means I can now wind it right up. I have been stopping at 7,000 rpm, but that's going to change tomorrow.

Looking forward to the madstad to quiet things down a bit.

Dave

·
Registered
705 Posts
You might have a problem if you have a taller windshield. I have a Givi, which for my height works best with the Madstad bracket in the middle position. It appears from these pictures that Rick's bracket, similar to the SW Motech that I have, only works with a Madstad bracket in the top position. In the top position, with the Madstad bracket all the way down, the top edge of the windshield is exactly in my line of sight. I haven't ruled out cutting about an inch off my Givi, but for now, I have moved the GPS back to the handlebars.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the madstad, PWD radar shelf, PWD GPR "strombone" mount as of tonight. I was told they all won't work together, but i used a 2" RAM arm and it all fits perfect. It's a bit tight to adjust the madstad and the gps arm, but it works.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tip Jimm. I just have the stock shield now, but I'm very tempted to get that euro smoked one pictured in treb's post. Its smaller, so I think things will be ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts