StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real quick... I have a madstad that the previous owner placed on the bike. Thought it was fine on my 08 without it, but still had a little buffetting. The buffetting is worse now with the madstad, partially cause I don't know where to set it. So for you guys that are roughly my same size... 5'10", where do you have yours set?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm 6'1" and I like mine set all the way up and tilted all the way back. Just experiment with it until you find a setting that works for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am also about 5' 10" . I have my bracket mounted at the top. I usually have my Givi shield about half way up and pull at about a 35 degree angle. I will adjust the shield down a little when I ride two up.

Time and adjusting is the best way, plus it gives you more riding time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm 6'2" and have it all the way up and tilted all the way back.
Let me be more specific. My bracket is mounted in the center position. With the stock shield, I have it all the way up and tilted all the way back. I may try moving the bracket to the upper position. But the improvemt was great enough as-is that I'm in no big hurry.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am also about 5' 10" . I have my bracket mounted at the top. I usually have my Givi shield about half way up and pull at about a 35 degree angle. I will adjust the shield down a little when I ride two up.

Time and adjusting is the best way, plus it gives you more riding time.
Funny you made mention of the givi shield too. It came with one of those as well as the stock. I liked the looks of the stock shield more, however, when I bought it and rode it for 3hrs to get her home the givi was on there and absolutely no problems. Was trying to figure out a way to keep the stock on there, but if it comes to it the givi function will win out over the looks of the stock shield.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
tilted all the way back.
I tilted mine like that for about 2miles. I couldn't get over the fact it looked like the shield would sever my head right off my neck if something bad should happen. :bom_laugh3: Highly doubtful, but it was something that drew enough concern that I decided to screw that idea.

Didn't even think about changing the mounting spot. I think mine is currently centered too. Definitely trying that this weekend, as I've currently tried every possible position at the level it's at currently, high /low all the various tilting angles. I read so many threads about how wonderful the madstad was and all I've been doing is cussing at it::bom_laugh3: Go figure...it could be as easy as moving it up or down one more level and trying all of the position again.:rolleyes::D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts