StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Santa delivered a new Madstad windscreen and the brackets....niceeeeeeee! Got a 22" screen as I'm about 6'3" and sit fairly tall in the saddle...

And, after installing and (briefly) contemplating taking a short, COLD spin ride to test it out...couple of inches of snow on the ground! What the heck, Santa?!?! :frown2:

Was contemplating adding the little "winglets" to sort out any buffeting...but since I have the aux light brackets installed in the same spot, no go on that. Looks like the Madstad screen is wide enough, though, that it may toss some air outside of the cockpit.

In order...

1. Stock screen
2. Madstad highest up
3. Madstad lowest down
4. Madstad minimum angle
5/ Madstad maximum angle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
Best farkle evah

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
I have a Madstadt and the stock Suzuki screen. I tend to like the "clean wind in the face" thing so I simply adjust it to its lowest and flattest position. I have tried every position possible and end up with a less satisfactory result. Tried it with a larger screen and it was even less satisfactory (for me). Clean airflow and earplugs are my preference.

IMO wind protection is like oil and tires........no 2 people need/want the same. What works for you is what is best. Personally, I don't get the totally quiet, wind free thing. To me, that is a part of motorcycling but, again......personal choice.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
shields

Have two Wee's 011 got new and a low mile ,one owner 09 got used. Since 72 now and wife don't ride out of state any more use them for solo tour bikes.The 09 had a taller screen on it and wish I had it on the Dead Horse trip. It is better in cold weather.Lock throttle and hands on sides of bars inside screen and don't need elc. unless below 20s for 50 miles.Do not feel it is as stable as the little stock screen above 80mph. This AM got too good of a front door and at 95mph showing could feel a little more movement than stock. In warm weather like the stock a lot more. Like drrod personal choice but like to hear what others do and sometimes pick up tips I use.. Still have new riders I talked to years ago come and thank me for telling them about Counter.Never too old to learn a new trick.:wink2:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
drrod...

I get what you're saying and I too, enjoy the breeze. What gets me is a helmet buffeting issue I just couldn't solve with the stock screen, no matter how I positioned the "spoiler". I thought it might be my full-face modular helmet at first but after trying several others, the buffeting was still there. It was bad enough in stronger winds that it actually blurred my vision a bit on occasion.

As for ear plugs, yup...I already suffer from a bit of hearing loss and don't want to make things worse, so the EarPeaces go in when it's time to ride.

Cheers! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts