StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a new wee in march. very happy. i also have a 2008 Versys. just ordered a gel seat (my tail bone is killing me). also i just installed a Madstad bracket and it removed all the buffeting. however i noticed if i lower the top of the screen the bracket hits the windshield. adjusting it has scratched the windshield about two inches. my brother has a wee with the madstad and it cannot hit the shield. did i install it wrong?

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
My best guess is that there must be some variation in the manufacturing process of the MadStad bracket.

I managed to scratch up the screen on my K8 Wee adjusting the bracket without paying attention to the clearance (driving!)

I've been much more careful since changing over to the Euro smoke screen, but from playing with it in my driveway, it looks like it too would hit the bracket if I let it.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I took the top pieces off, turned them upside down, and swapped sides to get more tilt. This resulted in the lower brackets contacting the shield down and tilted back, like you describe.

Did you buy yours new, or from a previous owner?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Madstad hitting shield

i bought it knew. i contacted Madstad and they told me they will hit shield if you adjust them all the way down. i don't think my brothers will. not a big deal. just need to be more careful adjusting. Madstad responded to my email quickly and offered to replace bracket and shield. good service but i don't think i will bother.

·
Registered
37 Posts
just bought a new wee in march. very happy. i also have a 2008 Versys. just ordered a gel seat (my tail bone is killing me). also i just installed a Madstad bracket and it removed all the buffeting. however i noticed if i lower the top of the screen the bracket hits the windshield. adjusting it has scratched the windshield about two inches. my brother has a wee with the madstad and it cannot hit the shield. did i install it wrong?
Mine did the same. I'll try some grinding in the Madstad

·
Registered
55 Posts
Same Here

I had the same issue and it scratched my CalSci shield as well. I emailed Madstad in November. Here is their response:

"Hi Jeff,

I don't know how the brackets scratched up your stock shield, the rubber bumpers should have kept the plastic off of the metal. Scratching happens when two things rub together, but when the shield is bolted down it should be immobile, so I'm not sure how they rubbed together to create the scratches. We've sold thousands of these brackets worldwide in the past 3.5 years and you are the first that has mentioned scratching.

One solution would be to move the bumpers outward a bit. You can carefully peel them off and re-stick them. If you want, send me your address and I'll send you an extra set of rubber bumpers so you can have on each side. If that doesn't keep the shield off of the metal then I don't know what will."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts