StromTrooper banner

Madstad & Givi windshield install question

1384 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Juan Tanamera
I received my Madstad & Givi windshield order today and took it straight to the bike and installed it at work. (Kid at X-mas here).
After installing it I put the stock windshield covers back on. (The two that hide the windshield holes and screws attaching the windshield to the madstad bracket.)
I find these two pieces do not fit snug or as tight like they did to the stock windshield. They "wiggle" a little and the tops bow out.:confused:
Did I install them wrong? Or is this what you all experienced?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
4,263 Posts
It is easy to get those plastic trim pieces a little too snug. Or at least I got mine a little too tight and they bowed. I took the trim off and shot them with a heat gun and the pieces self-corrected into near original condition. I then put them back on and tightened them down just 'til they made contact with the windshield.

Like...almost new.

· Registered
83 Posts
I received my Madstad & Givi windshield order today and took it straight to the bike and installed it at work. (Kid at X-mas here).
After installing it I put the stock windshield covers back on. (The two that hide the windshield holes and screws attaching the windshield to the madstad bracket.)
I find these two pieces do not fit snug or as tight like they did to the stock windshield. They "wiggle" a little and the tops bow out.:confused:
Did I install them wrong? Or is this what you all experienced?
Mine are pretty much the same way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.