StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see they list two brackets. One for the MP shield and one for all other shields, oem. If I purchase a set, which set?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have another shield as of yet but from what I have read here and around that try the Madstad bracket on the oem first. Then decide if another shield is necessary, which I think it will be. But....??? Or if I was to buy another whield which brand. Sorry but I am new to the V-Strom DL650 and I am full of questions. The more answers and opinions means more info. thanks to all that have or will help. Mike in Fremont, Ca.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
The bracket for the OEM shield is the one you want as it will work with the shield that is standard on the bike and the vast majority of accessory shields as well because they use the same mounts as the OEM one.

M

·
0 Posts
I love windshield opinions. They're better than oil opinions!

I'll start. I have a Givi shield and a Cee Bailey 23.5 shield. I like both but seem to use the Givi more. The Cee Bailey is kinda wierd to look at, but the plastic is better than the Givi. I mainly use the Bailey for long trips, and the Givi around town. Both perform much better than the little stock screen, and with the MadStad bracket all the buffeting is gone. I can listen to my MP3 player in a half-shell at highway speeds. Nice.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now thats a report I was looking for. I have a Cee Baileys on my FJR1300 with a flip. We have an electric adjustable. It is very high quality. MightyShep, how tall are you? Could you have gone higher?

M

·
0 Posts
...MightyShep, how tall are you? Could you have gone higher?

I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam. With the stock mount I was almost looking through the Cee Bailey. With the MadStad I can lower it so I'm looking over the shield but then the mirrors hit just before the stops. Not a terrible problem because the Givi does the same thing. I like the Bailey very much on account of the optics. When clean it's like looking through glass, you have had the same experience I'd gather. The Givi is a good cheap shield and has held up well. I like it mainly because it looks more normal than the Bailey, but the Bailey's tops as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I believe that either MadStad bracket will fit the stock (or other replacement) shield. The MP specific one is the one you must have to mount a MP shield.

According to the MadStad site anyway.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The description on the Madstad site states that the MP model works with basically all shields, including MP. I just ordered that model myself. I'll be using it with the stock Suzuki shield, but I like to keep my options open. It's only $10 more and I'm covered in the event I ever want to try an MP shield.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I thought for sure a bigger touring screen was on my short list of purchases, but after installing the Madstad, I'm perfectly happy with the stock screen on my DL650.

I'm convinced the Madstad is magic! I'm 5' 11" and I can adjust out almost all buffeting!

PG

I don't have another shield as of yet but from what I have read here and around that try the Madstad bracket on the oem first. Then decide if another shield is necessary, which I think it will be. But....??? Or if I was to buy another whield which brand. Sorry but I am new to the V-Strom DL650 and I am full of questions. The more answers and opinions means more info. thanks to all that have or will help. Mike in Fremont, Ca.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Madstad and MP screen

Installed the brackets and screen at the same time and like it much better than the stock set-up. Haven't tried the stock screen with the Madstad brackets yet. After it warms up some I'll give it a try.
Rick*

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts