StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the madstad adjustable windscreen from Twisted Throttle? How do you like it? I'm 5' 10" and get a bit of buffeting at highway speeds and I understand this will help that. Also, can you adjust it to get a little airflow behind the screen? I actually DON'T like it totally still. I like a little air but I don't get much (away from the buffeting off the top of my dome).

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The Madstad is the one device allowing quick and easy windscreen adjustments out there. The great majority of reports I've seen are positive to glowing. I sure like mine. The air behind a screen will never be totally still and adjustability is the name of the game.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Greywolf pretty much covered it. I love mine, and it's especially handy given that I run different windshields, depending on weather, type of riding, etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm 5'6" with a 30" inseam and weigh about 195lbs. I have a 2011 abs model. The Madstad with the stock screen made all the difference in the world for me. Stock setup, I had major buffetting from 35mph on up, no matter the screen settings. I installed mine as per instructions but raised the height to about 1/4" from its max and I get no buffeting at any speed and wind noise is drastically reduced. I can ride with my faceshield open to about 60mph with no wind discomfort to my eyes etc.

Probably the best mod I've made to my bike, but as always, your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
297 Posts
+2 on Pat Welsh Designs

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm thinking about ordering one myself. I currently have a large Givi shield on but all of my friends say I can go back to the stock screen with the Madstad. Either way, with either shield it sound like it will be an improvement.:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts