StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched all the threads and I cannot find one that specifically addresses this question.

I want to order a Madstad bracket along with a Madstad windshield for my 09 WEE. They now offer a 20" or 22" shield. The recommendation is 20" for folks up to 6'0" and 22" for folks 6'0" and over. Well I'm exactly 6'0" so I'm not sure which one to order. 32" inseam. I want to look over the shield. 90% pavement and 10% unpaved.

If I went with the 22" would I be able to tilt it enough to look over it and still get decent wind protection? Or, would I be better off with the 20"?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I'm 5'-10" with a 32" inseam and have no trouble looking over a 22" screen. The Madstad has a lot of vertical adjustability besides and I don't ever have mine all the way down. It is raked back a bit which also makes the top lower in the line of sight.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
JBG, I have a Madstad bracket with the 20" shield. I'm 5'9"+ and the 20" is just right with a stock seat. I think as Pat said, you'd be better off with the 22" due to the Madstad adjustability. My bracket was set as high as it would go with the shield tilted to get the optimum angle for my height and helmet configuration. I have an aftermarket seat that boosts me up over an inch and gets me a little more buffeting. An extra 2" on the shield would be nice.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
5' 9' with a 30 inch inseam. I run a 20 inch Madstad Adventure Screen on my Madstad bracket. Run it almost all the way up during the cooler weather set so I can just see over it (in case of rain or the windscreen fogging). During the warmer season (90-108 degree weather) I run with it down and adjusted so that I get a blast of wind on my chest to help me stay cool.

I think even at my size if I had ordered the 22 inch windscreen the bracket would have given me enough adjustment that I could set it so I could see over it.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I'm 5'9" with 32" inseam ( And shrinking ) , my madstad is at the lowest mounting on bike, have a 22" Givi. Looking over top not a problem. I canb also raise shield for better wind and rain protection. Tilting back I get nice summer breeze when needed as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I just ordered a 22" Adventure shield with the brackets. Looking forward to getting it mounted asap.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
vs 18" that's now a 17"

Yup,

My Madstad 18" Adventure Shield in Dark Smoke just arrived and it looks great, other than a couple of very teeny nicks on the edge where it might have been accidentally bumped; very minor.

The screen is surprisingly heavy and thick (in a good way) so it feels quite substantial. The edge is polished very nicely as well. I am pretty short in the torso so I had Mark drill the holes one inch higher, effectively making it a 17" screen. But my bracket is all the way down so I have plenty of adjustment up should I need it. Looking forward to putting it on as this is the last part needing replacement after a crash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts