Strom Trooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hole on top of left handlebar to keep Control from turning. Fill it with RTV at the factory at the same time you install the Control. If not, the handlebar fills with water and after a short time the Bar-end weight can not be removed due to a totally corroded bolt.

Better paint coating on the fairing frame needed to keep it from rusting.

Lower snap clips for the fairing bolts. Galvanized? Coated? Otherwise, rust out completely since they are at the bottom of the fairing where water sits.

Seal the Mirrors on the front edges. They fill with water and the back of the mirrors start to rust.

All this costs almost nothing and gives attention to detail and greatly increases the longevity and servicability.

Rain happens! I wash it once in a while too!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have an 08 wee here in OZ. The holes are in the bottom on both sides of the bars. Maybe they are adressing some of these issues.
I have an '08 also, with the holes in the bottom. Just got through taking the throttle off to clean the rust, to remove the restriction causing the throttle to stick. It was a royal pain to remove the counterweights.

Never ride in rain and keep it in the garage, but I have washed it. I'm second owner. Maybe PO was a little more careless with it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts