StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wondering about this lately. As a forum member of many motorcycle boards, the "newer" ones tend to list all machines ever owned and perhaps their trucks, cars and milling machines.
On the BMW, Moto Guzzi, Norton, Triumph, BSA, KLR, VFR ( maybe )forums, most members list just current machines.
If this new trend continues, some members might require two pages just for their User CP.
Just wondering.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Listing past motorcycles or current farkles screws up searches. I wish people would stop doing such lists in sigs. My own is bad enough but I hope the terms are too common for anyone to search on them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If I listed every motorcycle I've ever owned (47 and counting) my signature would be a whole page -- if that many bytes are allowed in the signature field. And I don't think people give a crap about my old bikes that are long gone.

I just list the bikes I currently own and only those bikes that pertain to the particular forum, or at least the same manufacturer: Suzuki. I'm on 6 other forums for all my (other) current bikes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
maybe have users list them in the user profile field instead?

Lee
Best idea!

I didn't know it screwed up the searches, but it is kind of good info to know. "Is the advice I'm considering from someone with experience, or a one bike kind of guy?"

Granted even the guy who has owned 100's of bikes may have blown them all up in a fiery ball of abuse and poor choices! All advice is taken with a grain of salt...

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Just deleted my 3 old bikes.
Gone, but not forgotten.
Except the CB750, better forgotten.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I still own way too many but most dead from too much abuse and miles. Only three ins and plates now and just two more that run.Have owned over 30 but may well have 15 now if frames counted as a bike.:grin2: Sold off some as parts and need to do a lot more of that! Wife often tells me,You are way too lod to have all this junk! So last week to make her happy took the 37 truck and hauled home a free Harley frame and front wheel!:surprise:

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
A frame and wheel? I have heard of guys in the Horseless Carriage club restoring an entire car starting with just the radiator surround.

All the old bikes may be nice for the poster but it is a lot of TMI for the rest of us.
Ya gotta Strom, goody. List that.

·
38,049 Posts
Anyone looking for information using a word will get a hit on every thread or post with that word, even if it in a signature. For example, somebody may be looking for experiences people had with a Kawasaki Versys or lowering links will get every thread or post with those words in a signature with a list of bikes or farkles but no information about those items.

·
38,049 Posts
Each member has a section on interests an a section on biography in their profile that can hold stuff like that. It would also be nice if the V-Strom model owned and its year would be included it that section as sometimes I need to look for that to answer questions.

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
Each member has a section on interests an a section on biography in their profile that can hold stuff like that. It would also be nice if the V-Strom model owned and its year would be included it that section as sometimes I need to look for that to answer questions.
Think it would satisfy to have one extra field to list "Other and Previous Bikes"? We could put it below "Model V-Strom Owned"

Kevin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts