StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there is not much on the M4 full system exhaust on the web, I took a few pictures when I installed mine.

First I would like to thank Blair with SVRacingParts.com. All the parts came from him, and I had to ask more then a few questions. I see why he has such a great rep. within the community.

Installation of the exhaust was straight-forward. Remove existing exhaust, leave the rear cylinder header pipe (do not loosen it!). I first removed the bolts that hold the exhaust pipe to the front head, Then loosened the clamp between the front header piper and the collector, then did the same for the rear. I then removed the 3 bolts that hold the exhaust to the hangers, one is near the heat shied, the next one is near the passager foot peg, and the third is under the rider foot peg. So the exhaust was still hanging there, I had to pull the front cylinder pipe down, then rotate it away from the exhaust port. Then slid it forward out of the collector. The rear pipe then came off easily.

Ok for the good stuff
I wish I would of had a camera and not just my phone...

Image of the silencer.

Pipe from Collector to Silencer.

Collector pipe, connects directly to stock rear cylinder header, it stock location. (this thing is beautiful in person!)

Front Header tube (mounts directly to cylinder head.)

20 lbs of trash.

Pipe mounted to the bike, I didn't have the strap clamp for the silencer due to a shipping issue. Blair had it to me the next day!:thumbup:

In all I bet it took maybe an hour to get the old exhaust off and the new one on.

I also installed a Power commander PCV at the same time. That's why the bikes taken apart.
If i would have known it was such a pain in the arse, i would have bought an air filter at the same time.

Anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Adam

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Finished product.

A look from the rear, with my SW Motech rack, ALOT narrower.
If you look inside the pipe, you can see the allen bolt that hold the spark arrestor in.

Passenger/ Better half Approved!!!!!! (BEST PART)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Looks nice. Bet it sounds nice too. Congratulations to both of you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What were the results as far as weight saved and performance?

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
too bad we can't get side case racks that fit tighter to accomodate the smaller muffler. Same size cases just narrower overall width.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts