StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Great forum here. I am a long time lurker and now I suppose a poster. I have had too many motorcycles in my past to keep track of. I grew up riding dirt and then made the switch to street bikes and standard style bikes. Since then I have had mainly some Honda's and Triumph's. Well, life changes happen and I have had to sell all my bikes. I am now getting to the point to purchase another (yes, withdrawals are extremely tough for me as it is in my blood) and can only have one bike. Since having one bike to do it all is a new thing to me and I have done exhaustive research you can see how I naturally landed here. So with that, I say hello and look forward to my new (to me) V or Wee purchase soon. I am sure I will have many questions other than how to reply in the for sale thread. Luckily I can read and see that I need to post a bunch before I can view attachments or respond to for sale threads. Well, that's it for now.
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
15,544 Posts
Out of the closet in a way of speaking?
That sale thing is bugger when you first join. I had my jowls jittering too a few months ago. Stuff is there and will be there.
Hola!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Wel this is what I finally ended up with 2008...

:thumbup:

Looks a little naked to me. Let me see, engine guards and skid plate to start... Let the farkling begin... <grin>

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I will keep my eye on the for sale section of the forum. The things I really want to add are not too numerous but I think important. I am looking for:

-hand guards
-fork brace
-engine guards
-skid plate

That should do it. For now anyway ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Helpful additions to the toolkit.

Welcome to the ranks of the assimilated.

Mrs. Suzuki forgot to include a 12-mm Allen Wrench in the tool kit. Such a tool (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) is needed to remove the front wheel. I suggest you carry one.

I have three times needed to plug a tire, and each time my trusty repair kit has enabled me to get home with no fuss. I think there is no need to fear a plugged tire, because if the plug fails, the leak is slow and you feel the ride decay in time to stop gracefully.

I do not need a real skid-plate, but I do not want my oil filter pierced by debris, so I put a magnet on the front of the filter and stuck a chosen and trimmed (and even painted!) soup can over the filter. If budgetary constraints or procrastination delay your getting a skid plate, you may feel safer with such rudimentary protection as I use.

I like your state a lot, and I have crossed it seven times on my Wee-Strom, which is named Colorado. I have not yet ridden southeast from Due West to reach North, South Carolina, but some day I may.
Good luck!
Keith

1 - 9 of 9 Posts