StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to use soft saddlebags for off-road trips and hard for trips on the tarmac. I would be intersted in a mounting system, that woiuld allow me to accept both types of bags. Suggestions on bags also appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can I ask why you would like soft bags for off-road and hard for pavement? Depending on the type of off-road you will be doing, I prefer hard for off-road for when the bike gets dropped. If I were only on pavement, I would go with soft bags. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Mule,

You are probably correct. My thinking was that I am more likely to dump the bike in the dirt/gravel, and that the soft bags would provide more cushiion (to the bike) and less damage (to the bags) than the hard, "plastic" cases. In any event, I've decided to go with the Caribou bags for both on and off road. They look pretty industrial, so I think they would both survive and protect the bike in a tip-over of slide, on either dirt or tarmac.

http://www.adventure-motorcycle.com/store/?name=Catalog&mode=i&item=000041

Regards, Larry

·
Registered
961 Posts
I've got Touratech hard bags, love them off road, can't imagine doing any real damage to the in a fall, pretty much bullet proof, I've tested them. I use the Touratech frames to mount my soft Chase Harper bags for around town.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts