1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've got that same set on my '09 Wee. They look great and function fine for securing my Field Sheer soft bags. Nice fit and finish, but prolly NOT as sturdy as some of the big names when it comes to crashing off-road. Can't say how good/bad since I've only done road since i bought the bike. Price is right!!!

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
The ones in the Ebay link seem to be built for the soft bags option, as one has said.........there is no "cross-member" tieing the two racks together for strength. Good price tho..........but I would opt for the big-name racks if you are carrying heavy items in hardcases/boxes. For your softbags, I would definately look at the ebay racks........

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input folks - these look like just the thing as I don't do any hardcore off road and will carry only a moderate load.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Badjuju, do you think you could shoot me a pic with your bags attached, so I can get an idea how they sit?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have you looked at Happy Trail? They make some nice stuff.

Happy Trails SL Side Rack Suzuki DL650 V-Strom - KLR650 & Adventure Touring Motorcycle Luggage and Aluminum Panniers

Suzuki DL650 Luggage - KLR650 & Adventure Touring Motorcycle Luggage and Aluminum Panniers

I have the SU side racks to go along with the hard bags (Teton) from them and I really like them.

Hope this helps.
I will echo the positive for the HT racks. I have them for my Pelican cases and they arre great. I also have the Nerf bars and center stand and a skid plate. Could not be happier with the installation and fit of the equipment.

:hurray:

·
Registered
526 Posts
I had the ebay racks on my DR650 (same maker). They're a popular option in the DR world for a moderate load as mentioned. Really only setup for soft bags but very sturdy. I've never read of a failure of any kind. The price is right.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Badjuju, do you think you could shoot me a pic with your bags attached, so I can get an idea how they sit?

Thanks in advance!
Jameskie: Sorry for the delay in responding. Been away from my 'puter for a few days. I'll see if I can get one posted in a day or so. The softbags are from FieldSheer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts