StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2004 DL1000, it came with the Suzuki branded Kappa luggage with top case. The rack appears to be Suzuki issue. The problem is the top case. The guy didn't like it and he removed the two little mounting posts that the luggage slides onto. The big pyramid looking thing is still there, just not the two little bolts. Would buying this piece get me what I needed?
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2079/169/

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I just purchased a 2004 DL1000, it came with the Suzuki branded Kappa luggage with top case. The rack appears to be Suzuki issue. The problem is the top case. The guy didn't like it and he removed the two little mounting posts that the luggage slides onto. The big pyramid looking thing is still there, just not the two little bolts. Would buying this piece get me what I needed?
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2079/169/
I'd give a qualified "yes", the qualification being that you might need a different size bolt to hold the "mushroom". I can mic it when I get home and let you know, I have Givi Side Racks and the oem top.

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Yes this will work. You can also make your own very cheaply.
2-bolts
2-nuts(nylock)
2-nylon spacer
2-washers

Install a washer on the bolt(I used a phyllips head screw) then the nylon spacer. Stick this through the rack, then install the nut and tighten.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
The "Kappa" mushrooms are 19.5mm across at the top and taller than the Givi, which are only 15.5mm across the top.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pulled one of the side bag screws, I'll take it to the hardware store tomorrow and see what I can find.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The replacement parts are cheap. I think you can get a replacement kit for all three mounts for around 20 bucks.. good to have a spare under the seat anyway right?

-GW

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The replacement parts are cheap. I think you can get a replacement kit for all three mounts for around 20 bucks.. good to have a spare under the seat anyway right?

-GW
From the Suzuki Dealer?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any details you've got would be awesome, my Suzuki dealer couldn't find anything. I built some at the hardware store, but they don't fit nearly as nicely as the stock ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts