StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2018 DL1000. Looking at buying aluminum panniers and I'm leaning towards SW Motech Trax Evo. I like how the bags are above the exhaust and can have equal sizes on both sides of the bike. The question I have is if since the bags are high, will they impede on the passengers leg or butt room? The Givi Trekkers look about the same. So anyone that has these, is this a problem?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just bought a 2018 DL1000. Looking at buying aluminum panniers and I'm leaning towards SW Motech Trax Evo. I like how the bags are above the exhaust and can have equal sizes on both sides of the bike. The question I have is if since the bags are high, will they impede on the passengers leg or butt room? The Givi Trekkers look about the same. So anyone that has these, is this a problem?
Just a quick response here, I had the SW Motech on my '12 650 Adventure, they rattle...... a lot. I put the Givi Trekker Outback on my '14 DL1000, great bags and setup. I've only had one passenger with the bags on and she did say that they did push her feet forward on the pegs. That was her only complaint.......well that and I do to many wheelies....:mrgreen::yesnod:

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Another new '18 owner.
These things are flying off the showroom floors.

Which color did you get?

Reactions: bighammer

·
Registered
15,256 Posts
" they rattle...... a lot."
I've had bags that rattled, I shimmed the mounts with pieces of plastic tubing.
It would depend on the method of mounting as to what steps would be taken to remove the slop.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Just a quick response here, I had the SW Motech on my '12 650 Adventure, they rattle...... a lot. I put the Givi Trekker Outback on my '14 DL1000, great bags and setup. I've only had one passenger with the bags on and she did say that they did push her feet forward on the pegs. That was her only complaint.......well that and I do to many wheelies....:mrgreen::yesnod:
No rattles on mine... Latches may need adjustment.

Sorry, cant help you with the 2018, mine are on a 15 650. Of note, i dont plan to use the top case this summer. I'll be using an expandable dry bag instead.

I really like my cases and mine have been completely waterproof. The only thing I wish was different is that the opening is significantly smaller than the inside , making the bag liners difficult to pull out. Other models in the sw motech line up are not as restricted.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Are you talking about new or older SW Motech? If older forget about it and go for GIVI Trekker Outback or even better Kappa K-Venture (same quality and lower cost). The new edition is much better but locks are still not of the same quality as either GIVI or Kappa locks. Another advantage of Kappa cases is that you can use Givi or Kappa regular mounting racks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input so far. Mine is white. Not the xt version. Haven't given kappa a thought, ill look into them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got a set of Kappa 37L on the way from italy. Will let you how they are when they get here. (supposed to be tomorrow 4/10/18)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got the Kappa 37 Liter cases today and mounted them on the Givi rack...so far great, just a short ride but are definitely secure, no rattle and look good. Ended up being about $200.00 cheaper than the Givi Outbacks same size. Delivery from Italy took 6 days, Well worth checking out.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Check out: S O L O B O X on facebook.
These look nice, the price is right, & have some good reviews.
I'm considering a set w/ racks myself...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally received the mounting racks after being on backorder for 2 months. Trax Evo 45 liter side cases and 38 top case. Look good. No issues with passenger room.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts