StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1 key for the luggage set on my 2015 XT 650. I always like to have a 2nd key for everything. I went to a local locksmith shop. He said he didn't have a key but to try the dealer for a blank and he could cut one. Dealer says they cannot get a blank key. In order to get 2 keys they want to sell me a new 6 piece lock set. Anybody know where I can get a blank key or a key number that would fit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To clarify. I can get a key for the cycle ignition. I need one for the suzuki luggage that came stock on the cycle. The above reference is for an ignition key from what I can see.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have a 2017 with factory side cases, and all four locks are the same: one key operates both side cases, seat and ignition, plus an additional lock cylinder in case I ever get a Suzuki tail trunk. If your cases have different locks from your ignition, I would try searching Ebay or Google That's all I did to come up with the key in post#2.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I had a local locksmith cut me one and it was brass not aluminum or pot metal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the same problem and finally broke down and ordered the 6 lock set from Twisted Throttle. Plus, the one original key I have has been bent and I don't trust it. Got the new set today and will switch out the new for the old in a couple of days. Sucks but no locksmiths for a couple of hundred miles.

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a 2014 DL650 with Suzuki side cases. I had to go to a locksmith to get a duplicate ignition key, but I have had the luggage case key duplicated at Home Depot...twice. My original key looked like the one in the links in post #7. The replacement keys look a lot different than the Suzuki original, but they work fine. It was a standard key blank HD had in stock.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The dealer snapped one of the keys off while showing me the bike while the paperwork was going through and ended up ordering me a whole new lock set with new keys. I'd be shocked if some locksmith couldn't make them though, but apparently a whole new set of locks is what the "standard" replacement method is.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The key to the adventure side cases is a Yale Y11. Available at any place that does keys.I had to trim the plastic off the original key to get it to fit in the key duplicator that Lowe's had (where I got mine done) and my other original already broke so I made sure to get multiples made. I also ran into several people, upon hearing that it was a motorcycle key, we will not have that. Tell them to stuff it and grab a Yale Y11.

FYI mine is a 2012 650 Adventure

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yale Y11 Key

Thanks for lead on the Yale Y11 key. You mention this worked for your 2012 650 Adventure. It appears this key does not fit the luggage for the 2015 650 Adventure. It looks like in 2015 locks or keys for the Suzuki locks changed. I'm still looking for a number for a key blank for 2015 adventure luggage locks (not the key for ignition).

·
Registered
669 Posts
I ordered a new set of locks for my 2015 Suzuki/ Trax cases. The new keys are double sided and the locks seem to work much better than the original version. Well worth the upgrade.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I had the same problem as you when I bought my 2012 wee. I was going to going to have to order this lock set Art. No.: ALK.00.165.16302 from sw-motech but then found at my hardware store that the key ilco 1041T fit. It was a bit snug but it worked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts