StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heading to the 'Lube tonight? Thinking about hitting there before finding somewhere to plant my butt and watch game 2 of the NHL playoffs.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
You might want to expand on "Lube Night". Some of us have VERY dirty minds and could take that in a bad way.

Go Ducks!

Tige

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right Tige... especially when I say something about planting my butt somewhere in the same thread.

Ok...Wednesday Bike Night @ Quaker Steak and Lube, Polaris Pkwy, Columbus OH.

How's that. :p

·
Administrator
17,094 Posts
Lets sticky this post for "all" who are interested in attending on Wednesday nights. Quaker Steak and lube located right off 71N Polaris exit. It is right by Texas Roadhouse and Magic Mountain...trust me you CAN'T miss it. There is only a couple thousand people roaming around about 2 acres of bikes.

I have been busy lately but plan on attending as many as I can.

Good to see you back posting again Jester!;) Nice avatar........

Who is the mod in this section? My powers don't work over here for some reason!!!!!:twisted:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saw a bunch of stroms at the lube last night, but didn't see anyone (of course, being a HD giveaway night, it was kinda packed).

·
0 Posts
Big B and I were there, but we only saw one other Strommer. Carl, I believe.

It was PACKED wasn't it!!!

I love walking around and checking out all the trashy women:D

·
Administrator
17,094 Posts
Saw a bunch of stroms at the lube last night, but didn't see anyone (of course, being a HD giveaway night, it was kinda packed).
I was looking for ya at the HALLOWEEN party.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
'Lube night... who's going?

·
Administrator
17,094 Posts
'Lube night... who's going?

I "might" head up there. Give me a call 614-203-8976

I wish the bar girls were selling something other than that "crap" Coors Light. YUCK!!!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Saw this too late. Didn't get back from doing dirt roads on the V till 8:30. Maybe another night.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd bet I saw a hundred bikes on Wed. this week for opening Lube night. I left after a short while though some H-D dude looked at my dual pipe and said to his girl what the H*** that?

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I'd bet I saw a hundred bikes on Wed. this week for opening Lube night. I left after a short while though some H-D dude looked at my dual pipe and said to his girl what the H*** that?
The only way to avoid comments like that is to own and ride (exclusively) a Harley. I, personally, am willing to hear it, in exchange for the functional beauty of a 90-degree Vee.

That comment reminds me of last summer when I rode my Strom to Norwalk (OH) for the AHDRA races. I parked in the sea of Harleys and an older gentleman parked his Electra Glide next to mine. He was kind of staring so I figured he wasn't liking it very much and I said "hope y'don't mind parking next to rice." He takes a second and says, "No, I rode a Goldwing for years. It was a nice bike, then I sold it and got this."

Serves me right for assuming all Harley riders hate Japanese bikes. :conehead:

Hey, new Smiles!:cornut::coolgleamA::eek1::hat::troll: Thanks Howboutcha!

I'm going to try to get to a Quaker Statke and Lube this summer. I commute down to the Lewis Center/Wville/Pow area on my Strom in the summer.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Serves me right for assuming all Harley riders hate Japanese bikes. :conehead:

Sorry...I wouldn't have been so condescending...God doesn't make H-D's!

In 2002 I bought a new H-D Electra-Glide.....sold it after a year and went back to Jap bikes.......Never again will I own a Harley!:seeya:

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Sorry...I wouldn't have been so condescending...God doesn't make H-D's!

In 2002 I bought a new H-D Electra-Glide.....sold it after a year and went back to Jap bikes.......Never again will I own a Harley!:seeya:
Oh boy, here we go... the old "who's got the best bike" debate. Have to admit I fell for it.

Any chance we can just end this thing here and agree that a good bike is the one you need? Otherwise I got to start talking about how much I enjoyed riding a Buell last weekend...please don't make me go there!

Hey, wait a minute, it's 60 degrees outside. I'm out the door and on the Strom.:cornut:

How did I ever post messages without this? ---> :cornut:

Quaker Staketek and Lube: Live it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I may hit the lube later this evening... either that or the driving range to try and smash the dimples out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lube Night Question?

What are the times and how long does it run for?

Polaris takes me about 2 hrs. +/-, depending on how well my birdog works. Heavy into softball season now but may try and hit later this summer. Got a buddy with an SV that would probably come down too.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I'll try to hit the next couple Lube nights...I work 3rd shift in Cowlumbus so I'm in the area anyway. If you see a cool guy on a Silver Vee it's probably me. If you see some noob knock his bike over, it's not me, even if he's on a Silver Vee.

:D

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Anybody heading over to the 'Lube tomorrow night (besides Swingset)?

I promised a buddy I'd take a look at the brakes on his car and barring any unforseen problems am planning on heading over after that. Say around 8:00 to 8:30 pm...?

Later!

(I'll look for the silver Vee that's NOT tipped over)

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
I can positively say...Maybe.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts