StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After six months of careful consideration, I have finally settled on a wee strom as my next ride. The only concern I have is that I am 5' 07" and I would like to lower it a bit. What are the ways this can be done and are there any drawbacks to doing this?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Try sitting on one before deciding to lower it. I'm the same height as you but with a 31" inseam. It's a perfect fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also considering a Vstrom and am the same size. Please post once you get the new bike set up and let me know what you did. I currently ride a Honda Spirit 750, a very low bike.

thanks

Tad

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am 5'6'' and a 29" inseam. I lowered my Wee with links aka dogbones. I also adjusted the front forks per instructions I have found on this site. It worked well for me. I do not do any off road so am not so worried about the clearance issues. Lowering the bike was quite easy once you know what to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Vortex Lowering Links

Just purchased my '08 Matte Black DL650 on Friday and ordered the Vortex Lowering Links (three settings: stock, 2", 4"). May have to cut off the extra length for the 4" setting once I check it out.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Be aware any setting that lowers the rear more than 1-1/8" will allow the tire to hit the fender at full compression. Vortex links have drag racers who also modify the rear shock for shorter travel as the main target consumer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts