StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a GIVI windscreen on my 2007 DL 650. It looks great but is a little high for me. I'm 5'9" and like to look over the top of the shield about 1 to 2 inches. I need to lower this GIVI and was wondering if others have done this. I could ( shutter!!!!!! ) CUT it but really hate to do that, although I have done that before on my Goldwing and it came out great. I was thinking of drilling the mounting holes a little oblong or something similiar. If anyone has an easy idea I would love to hear it. I guess I could always sit on a pillow.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
On my stock screen i redrilled the 4 hole pattern about 2 inches above the stock mounting holes. It turned the windshield into more of a windscreen and works great!..J.R.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Drilling new holes would be the cheap and easy way. A Madstad bracket would be the elegant way.
I'm 5'11" and have a Madstad/Givi. At the middle position the top of the screen comes about to my nose height. It will lower to about shoulder height for me or go up to top of head on other settings.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. I think I will drill the holes. I really haven't noticed any buffeting but if it becomes a problem I'll get the Madstad

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Although the Madstad is primarily used by a lot of V-Strom riders to combat buffeting it is also quite useful just as an easily adjustable windshield mount. It comes in quite handy on those hot, chilly or rainy days when you want some adjustments made but don't want to go through the bonehead way Suzuki has it engineered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts