StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering lowering the Wee Strom 3/4" front and rear. Is there any handling problems with this set up? Has anyone done it?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I used to have mine set up that way. It was good but I like the front a little lower than the rear to prevent aerodynamic lift. ABS models with fork braces, which are highly recommended, are limited to 7-10mm of lowering in the front and 3/4" is about 19mm.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thank you Pat for answering this guys very first post. 76 other people read it and did not comment. I don't know squat about lowering a bike, maybe they don't either. Thanks again.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I lowered my wife's wee that much. Front and dog bones in rear. The handling was just great. All you needed to do is think the bike around corners. Also cross winds had much less effect on handling. I liked it so much that I slide the front forks up in my triple clamps on my Wee about 1/2 inch. Improved handling also. Jus be aware only do on efork leg at a time.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
I did the same on my first (non-ABS) wee, because I dropped it a few times early on. After about 9 months I felt more comfortable with it and raised it back up to normal, though with the front still lowered slightly as greywolf mentioned.
Be aware that, if you have the Suzuki centerstand installed, it is possible to drag it if you compress the rear suspension when turning left. It only happened to me once, when I hit a dip in a long left-hander while carrying a passenger, but it definitely caused a brief pucker moment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lowering Wee strom 3/4" front and rear

Thanks for all the real use experiences. Base on all your information I will go ahead and give it a try. I do have a SW- MOTECH centerstand installed. Greywolf indicated that it may be harder to get on the centerstand. Have to decide on fixed or adjustable dogbones.

Island

DL650
Motech centerstand
Motech crash bars
Motech skid plate
MadStad windshield mount

1 - 6 of 6 Posts