StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of installing the 7/8" lowering links in my '03. Though I can stand over the seat flatfooted I have no need for a high bike since I would never dream of trying to take it offroad. Does anyone know if installing lowering links will reduce leg room to the pegs? I ask because after installing 1" lowering links on my wife's F650GS and lowering the fork clamps 1/2" she said that her knees were more bent in the riding position.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lowering rear

Colorado

I bought a demo model and the bike has been lowered front and back. Front forks are lowered to the maximum. (Forks almost touch handle bars.) The rear has been lowered I'm guessing 7/8" to 1". The bike handles well like this, but I've noticed some problems. As I grow more confident with the bike, the foot pegs are hitting the ground at times quite heavily. Also, I'am 230 lbs and when I carry a passenger (Preload to the max) the rear tire rubs on the inner fender. I'am going to put the rear back up to the stock hieght and see what the ride is like. Maybe I will raise the front up.

scooter

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lowering

Thanks for the information and for sharing the experience of riding a lowered bike 2-up. Here in the mountain west high wind gusts are all too frequent and the relatively high profile-to-weight ratio of the Strom makes for some spooky sudden lane changes. With the Parabellum 28" screen on even lowering the front 20mm hasn't helped a lot there.

Colorado

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only thing lowering a bike will do is reduce overall footpeg clearance. You may find you drag your pegs a lot earlier than with a stock bike when going into a corner. If you're not an aggressive rider, you may never notice it. Then again, it may prove itself to be a pain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts