StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to bring up the done to death issue , i've searched for the answer to this one and cannot find it . Anyhow due to short leg syndrome , on uneven ground , putting my foot down, it did'nt reach the bike went past the point of no return and , i managed to lower it gently , but not without, holding and taking the 200 odd kilo weight all on my forearm .

Lucky my top half is built like a gorrila , so i did'nt hurt myself , but i thought i had tore the muscle in the forearm , and thought stuff it , i'm gonna get some lowering links .

Anyway , i went to order some kouba ,links , only to be sent to another site if i'm paying with credit card , i went there and they only seem to sell the 1.25 inch links .

So after reading about it a lot , i understand front and rear should be the same , , so if my front can only be lowered 3/4 of an inch (ABS) ,

WHATS THE SCENARIO IF I BUY THE 1 1/4 links and theres a difference . between the front and rear , will the 1/2 inch diff matter or will it not .

Or shall i just go buy soupys, and adjust them , or whatever else is around .
Lowering is not something i really want to do but , heh i can see myself dropping the bike on uneven ground so it may be no choice .

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Greywolf ,,, that site has some other stuff i'll order has well , , which are the best alluminium or steel likns , the difference in price is minimal so its the best i want ,

cheers

·
Registered
115 Posts
aluminium is lighter and does not rust. steel is stronger but rusts if not coated properly

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm not sure why the Kuoba Link site wouldn't cooperate for you. It worked just fine for me.
I lowered the front and rear 3/4 of an inch. Makes the bike so much better - for me.:thumbup:

I'll make a wild guess on the next two questions -
no clearance issues at all with the Akrapovic exhaust.
no idea on lowering / aftermarket exhaust clearance if there is a centerstand involved.
:bom_grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts