StromTrooper banner

Lowering links?

1288 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  sempervee
Will lowering your bike with the rear links adversely effect the handling characteristics of the bike? :confused:
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,702 Posts
If you lower both ends 3/4", I think handling improves a little over stock because the center of gravity is lower. My experience for the best handling though is to lower the front about 1/2" compared to the rear. 3/4" is about the maximum the front can be lowered. The stock configuration appears to cause aerodynamic lift and lowering the rear more than the front makes it worse.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you lower both ends 3/4", I think handling improves a little over stock because the center of gravity is lower. My experience for the best handling though is to lower the front about 1/2" compared to the rear. 3/4" is about the maximum the front can be lowered. The stock configuration appears to cause aerodynamic lift and lowering the rear more than the front makes it worse.
Thanks, Grey I will try that and see how it works. I am impressed at how well my bike handles and did not want to do anything to hurt the handling.

· Premium Member
575 Posts
Improved handling .........1 inch lowering links and forks raised.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.