StromTrooper banner

Lowering link?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  wgash1 
#1 ·
Which ones are adjustable?

#2 ·
Most commonly, Soupy's.

#3 ·
l have the soupysperformance.com on my bike, they're all metal (not Alum), l think you can get up to a 4" drop, l lowered mine about 1" with no ill effect so far, but l only ride on the road (have other bikes for of road) and l'm very happy with them, they set you back about $100

#4 ·
I pulled the trigger on a Sargent "low version" seat, but I'm thinking the 3/4 Kouba links might be a better alternative, to maintain the seat to pegs distance. My only concern is handling/performance.

Has anyone experienced a any kind of handling degradation with Kouba or Soupy's links?

#5 ·
I'm very happy with a Glee lowered 3/4" at both ends. A Russell seat just about required it in my case. I'm not a peg dragger so that isn't an issue.

#6 · (Edited)
In theory if you lower your bike the same amount front and rear you will lower the center of gravity of the bike by the same amount which always helps as far as handling goes, and apart from the obvious lowered ground clearance ,which l'v never had a problem with ( l'v managed to wear the edge of the rear tyre) without scraping the pegs ( l also removed those dicky things underneath the foot pegs), most times when l'v lowered my bikes l'v had to up the rear preload just a smidge, also if you feel the bikes not handling to your liking you can also raise or lower the front slightly just to fine tune it :ie lower to get quicker steering or raising it to be stabler on the highway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.