StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
lowering.....

I put Soupy's Lowering Kit on mine......fully customizable and very solid construction. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have also replaced the stock dog bones with Soupy's fully adjustable ones.
The stock ones have 140mm or 5.5 inches (centre to centre of mounting bolts). I set the Soupy's dog bones to 154mm (6.1 inch).
Bear in mind that longer dog bones translate to lower seat height. I read somewhere that, to find out how much you have lowered the seat, use a multiplier of 2.5 on the difference between the new (longer) dog bones and the stock ones. So in my case, I have lowered my seat height by about 35mm (14mm x 2.5 = 35mm or 1.4 in.). I have also raised the front fork (i.e. lowered the front) by just over half of an inch.
The bike handles well with no issue with bottoming out after the mod. The SW Motech center stand still works fine with only slightly more effort required. There is also no issue with scrapping the pegs either around curves and bends. However, after the mod, I did not feel that the lean was sufficient for parking on uneven surfaces, so I took the bike to a welding shop to have the kick stand bent slightly to give me the desired lean angle. One thing I like about using a welding torch on the kick stand, instead of actually shortening it via cutting & rewelding, is the process is reversible.

EOTS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts