StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting my bike back to stock height in the back. How much should I raise the forks in the tripple clamps?

Scooter

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drop

I like my bike dropped in the front. This puts more weight on the front tire making for a safer ride. The bike can get very light in the front when it is fully loaded for touring. What I'm asking is what is a good drop in the tripple clamps. My ball park is 14 - 20mm. Whats a good choice.

Scooter

·
Registered
213 Posts
forks

I did mine at about 1/2" if I remember correctly. I think some have gone as much as 22 to 25mm.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOWERING

Rider 1951, so your running a 13mm drop. My bike was originally lowered when I bought it. (26mm drop in the front). Just put the preload caps on my 02. With 3 lines showing they are almost touching the handle bars. Your drop sounds about right. My dealer said to raise the forks up half the amount of the 26mm.

Scooter

·
Registered
213 Posts
lowering forks

Scooter

I just went out and measured mine and they are at about 13-14mm. I don't have any clearance problems.

Dave

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forks

Thanks Dave

About 13-16mm sounds about right. I ask my dealership about doing this myself. I was wondering about the dirt that could be clamped under the tripple clamps, but they said just wipe the forks off. They also said do one fork at a time which seems strange to me because you would think this would damage things.

Brian

·
Registered
213 Posts
lowering forks

No one at a time is the way to do it. Just be careful not to over tighten the bolts. Use a torque wrench as they don't take much. It is easier if you have a centerstand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts