StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading some of the other posts, I am going to drop the forks in the triple clamps by 15mm and see how it works. Does the front wheel have to be removed first, or can I just loosen the triple clamp bolts and slide them up without removing the front wheel?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The wheel, fender et. al. can be left in place. Do one side at a time so the tight side can hold up the front end while the loose side is adjusted. Remember ABS models with fork braces are limited to 7-10mm.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It may. It's easy enough to try and see.

·
Registered
244 Posts
well yep - that's a given. i was all set to try it a week ago - but then got thinking "what am i really trying to gain here"? guess i'll settle it this week - not much else to do :D

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
After reading some of the other posts, I am going to drop the forks in the triple clamps by 15mm and see how it works. Does the front wheel have to be removed first, or can I just loosen the triple clamp bolts and slide them up without removing the front wheel?
Not to get too picky here but aren't you going to RAISE the forks in an effort to LOWER the triple clamps and the front end? I felt this should be clarified just in case someone reads this and actually does try to drop the forks which would be a bad idea. Mine are up 10mm on non-abs bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts