StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1000 Vstrom that unless you count my yard and a gravel road is a road bike. I am 6'5" bare footed, 34" inseam and I have a corbin seat that makes me set even taller. I have lowered the front untill the shocks nearly touch the factory bars and put a brace on the shocks that helped the high speed handeling a huge amount. I lowered the back 1 inch with lowering links and am thnking about lowereing it some more but was wondering how much can you lower it before the back tire can hit when the suspension is at full drupe??????

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Any time you lower the back more than the front, handling suffers. 1-1/4" seems to be about the maximum before the tire starts hitting the fender on big bumps. I can flat foot my bike with a DL1000 seat and I have a 32" inseam. I don't understand why you are lowering the bike.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseem and I raised mine back to stock when I bought it. It also has a Corbin seat. I flat foot with bent knees. I'm surprised you have an issue. I usually have my feet planted in front of the pegs when I'm stopped. Where do you try to plant your feet? If you are trying to get outside the pegs or behind them you might be struggling.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseem and I raised mine back to stock when I bought it. It also has a Corbin seat. I flat foot with bent knees. I'm surprised you have an issue. I usually have my feet planted in front of the pegs when I'm stopped. Where do you try to plant your feet? If you are trying to get outside the pegs or behind them you might be struggling.

I'm not one that usually nitpicks...but you might want to alter that habit a little...like placing your feet next to or behind the pegs at a stop.....if you are unlucky (or stupid, depending on how you care to look at it) as I was, you'll have a very painful education why putting them in front isn't such a good idea....

jeff

·
Registered
36 Posts
I concur with greywolf that 1-1/4" is the most one should lower the Strom.

My Wee was lowered that this amount and centre stand still works fine and I have not yet dragged any parts yet.

I have only 29" inseams and on the balls of my feet at a stop and have had no issue with stability at all. Mind you, at a stop sign or lights, I would have my right boot on the brake pedal anyway and I can flat-foot my left boot and the bike would lean slighly to the left.

EOTS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts