StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year, I lowered the bike 3/4 inches front and back. How much do I cut down the stand? I'm guessing 1/2 inch but not sure. Also, if I put back the old links, will the bike be stable with that extra half inch shortened stand? Or do I have to reverse the process?

BTW....I'm doing my own work sod have plenty of steel/fabricating abiity so if anyone has any advice on changing anything, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
22,321 Posts
when I lowered mine, I didn't bother cutting the sidestand down, at stock height, I think it leans too much to begin with, but I did grind the mount so that the stand would swing forward a wee bit further and lock into place better

now I'm back to stock height and I think it leans too much again, forgot how awkward it can be righting the top heavy bike from the sidestand while straddling it on yer tip toes

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I concur. I had my bike lowered 3/4" front and back for a couple of years. All I did was make sure it wasn't parked where the side stand foot was on a high spot.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Trial and error will solve. Roll tires onto 1/2" plywood in level garage and check lean. Just add or subtract from 1/2" plywood until you get lean right. When satisfied with lean - measure sidestand cut off length at same angle as sidestand which will be slightly longer than final thickness of plywood. :headbang:

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
3+ years lowered 3/4 front and rear. No issues with stock length stand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts